Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fiesta Chicken Bake

Last night, I made a chicken dinner without a recipe. :) :) David liked it, and said I should make it again - so I thought I would pass along the recipe.

Fiesta Chicken Bake
(serves 2)

1 chicken breast, thawed, cubed
garlic powder (to taste)
1/2 bell pepper, cut
1/2 onion, cut
1 can Rotel (tomatoes and chile)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Cook chicken in a pan on the stovetop. When its done, add garlic powder, bell peppers, onions, and can of Rotel (you can drain if you want). Cook 5 more minutes. Pour into a casserole dish, sprinkle cheese over the top, and cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Enjoy!

This recipe has 10 carbs in it because of the Rotel. It can be made with 6 carbs if you use fresh tomatoes and a can of chopped chiles (6 carbs) instead of the Rotel.

3 comments:

Sydni said...

Sounds yummy! I think the kids would like that one. ~Sydni

Kim and John Namestnik said...

There you go, Sugar! It's fun coming up with healthy recipes, and you've got a good one there.

Dad and I are getting ready to put a new section on our website of helps and recipes for healthy low carb meals. Can I add yours to it (and call it 'Tina's Fiesta Chicken Bake')?

You are feeding our soon-to-see wee granddaughter well. Bless you! Love, Mom <><

Unknown said...

That sounds really yummy!

I can't wait to meet Zoe!