Thursday, September 20, 2012

Garage Sale

I had a thought this morning as I was cleaning some items I am getting ready for a garage sale this weekend. Jesus told the young ruler to sell all he had and follow Him.  Now I know I may be stretching my idea a little far... but every time I collect a bunch of stuff to get rid of, I always have the thought wouldn't it be nice to try to sell it first and see if we can at least collect a few dollars for it?  Now, I know the story of the rich young ruler is trying to show the cost of following Jesus and what it means to be a true disciple of His...but the idea I had this morning was Jesus didn't tell the ruler to "get rid of" his stuff, He told him to "sell" it. So maybe it's not such a bad idea after all not to just donate our stuff but to try to get money for it...

Just food for thought...

No comments: