Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Quiet Wednesday

Today is a quiet day around the house. Wednesdays are normally David's day off of work (he works four 10-hour days), but he needed to go in this morning and get a project done. Now he is playing racquetball with a friend from work, and should be home in an hour or two. I had a very nice phone conversation with mi mamacita this morning, and we're hoping to see Nana (David's mom) later. So when David gets home, we'll take a short drive downtown to see Nana. I think we're also hoping to see Grandpa H in the rehab hospital (he had double knee replacement surgeries last week). And tonight, we're planning to go to church. Tomorrow is a trip to the Botanical Gardens (and maybe the Zoo) with family and friends. I'll have some pictures to post when we get home from that.

Zoe is sleeping right now. She is growing ever so steadily, and eating well. She smiles and laughs, and follows me around the room with her eyes. She has two positions - laying down (in the cradle or bassinet) and being held, so we're going to borrow Mom and Dad's baby swing so that I can put her in that during the day, and she can start building up her neck and head muscles. Last Thursday, she weighed in at 8 lbs, 1 3/4 oz. On an old-time scale, she would now balance out a full gallon of milk. :)

Now that she's sleeping, I should think about getting a little housework done. No, maybe not "think about," maybe I should "do." LOL :) I'll write more tomorrow or Friday (and post pictures!) after our visit to the Botanical Gardens. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Jon and Jalane said...

will you send me your email to jalanedawn@yahoo.com please :)
we had to set our blog to private, so i need to invite you!!!!

Unknown said...

Could I get yours too? We are hopefully starting a blog soon and we'll be making it very secure as well... plus then I can email you! Here's my email,

idahofaith@gmail.com